01 Latest News on the Industry
1. The Central banks urgently rushed to save while the global stock market was suffering from circuit breaker.
The Central banks rushed to save, when the world’s multi-national stock market suffered from circuit breaker. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York has updated the current monthly schedule of repurchase agreement operations and has offered three-month and one-month repo operations for 500 billion US dollars on a weekly basis; Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said the central bank would take necessary steps, which subsequently offers 500 billion yen in two-week funds via market operations; The Bank of Canada said they would expand its bond buy back program and temporarily add new term repo operations with terms of 6 and 12 months.
2. Alibaba Files for a Blockchain Transaction System in Brazil
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba has registered a blockchain-based system patent in Brazil, and the mechanism named “Ant Unicorn”, under the category of “insurance,” “financial business” and “monetary business”.
3. The project of Chengdu University of big data and artificial intelligence launched for “6 + 2″ curriculum system, including blockchain project.
On March 11, the “Chengdu University of big data and artificial intelligence” was launched. The completion of the project, the “6 + 2” course system of data analysis, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain that aims for junior and senior qualified people, basic big data talents and governmental executives on yearly basis.
4. Bitcoin Price Drops Together With Stock Futures As Trump Bans Flights From Europe
According to the U.Today report, the Bitcoin price nosedived four percent with U.S. stock futures on the news that President Donald Trump suspended travel from Europe. Despite a popular belief that BTC is uncorrelated, it continues to plunge together with stocks. John Melas-Kyriazi of Spark Capital notes that BTC is heavily correlated to the equities based on its one-month performance.
02 Latest News on Policy
1. Department of Justice of Jiangxi Province is actively exploring the application of “blockchain with rules of law”
On March 12, the Jiangxi Provincial Department of Justice held a teleconference, requested to develop the application of “blockchain with rules of law”, vigorously promoted the supervision mechanism of administrative, punishment enforcement, and legal service “alliance chain” to form dynamic perception of information, deep learning and of accurate analysis data, and business intelligence.
2. Local investments focus on “new infrastructure” projects with blockchain as the main part
On March 12, in order to give full play to the key role of investment in stable economic operation, and strive to hedge the impact of the epidemic, the provincial development and reform commissions made every effort to stabilize investment. It is worth noting that investment are mainly related to infrastructure such as transportation, energy, municipal administration and water conservancy, as well as “new infrastructure” projects focusing on 5G, Internet of things, artificial intelligence, big data, blockchain, innovation.
3. Publicity department of Beijing municipal party committee will support block chain and other technology to foster new drivers for the cultural industry
On March 11, the Publicity Department of Beijing Municipal Party committee said they will support 5G, AI, 4K/8K ultra-high resolution, big data, blockchain and other new technologies in order to accelerate the culture and network, further for the cultural industry to foster new kinetic energy.
Kind reminders from Cookie: Under the special circumstance, please avoid going out, wear face masks, wash hands regularly and stay healthy.